Monday, November 16, 2009

Alexandre Desplat















I'm not a part of the Master Class department, but I decided to attend one that was about music composer, Alexandre Desplat. When I read the name in the program, I knew I had recognized it somewhere. While scrolling through my iPod, I realized that I had some music composed by him. His work for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" had mesmerized me since the day I first saw the movie, and getting the chance to meet the man responsible for that beautiful music was like a dream come true. In addition to "Benjamin Button," he has composed music for "Birth," "Girl with the Pearl Earring," "Twilight Saga: New Moon," "Fantastic Mr. Fox" and more. It was really interesting to hear what he had to say about movie music and how he becomes inspired. It was also very cool to meet an actual famous person. He showed a few clips of his movies with music playing in the background and it was all so beautiful. In addition to meeting him, he signed the back of our TIFF shirts. That was so nice of him! Overall, I am extremely glad I went to the Master Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment